Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The sun came out

"Yesterday was plain awful..." but the sun came out this morning!

The boys and I spent the morning at our new house. I finished unpacking the remaining big box in the playroom and broke down two HUGE boxes. It still looks like a toy monster got sick in there, but that's fine. It will look better once we get my sewing table outside and hang up some shelves to hold things.

Then I moved onto the bedrooms. Little Elvis' bed is made, and he loves his comforter.

Our clothes are for the most part up (I still have a decent amount of clothes to sell, and I plan on adding a good bit more to it.) One of my dresser drawers needs to be repaired, the track thing is broken.

While I worked, Little Elvis played and Baby Plum slept. About an hour in, Little Elvis noticed the TV was now in the living room and he enjoyed PBS Kids for the last hour of our stay.

There's still LOTS to do, but I'm pretty proud of our accomplishments. Hopefully we'll get some more stuff done this afternoon and evening.

One very interesting thing I've discovered -- both boys seem to like Big Band music. I know, it's an odd discovery, but I'll explain it more next week.


Anonymous Stewart D. Swanson said...

Sounds like you are feeling better. Take it easy with the lifting. Almost remarkable that the boys were cooperative/sleeping for so long. I'm sure your feeling more comfortably now that the house seems "liveable".
Love- Grandpa Stew

8:40 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Living out of boxes sucks. I totally feel your pain. I wish my 3would entertain themselves for awhile so I could unpack BEFORE they go to bed at night, but tv doesn't really keep Isabella's attention for long (whose child IS she?) and the twins are too little for it.

We need some massive toy organization too. Ugh. It's so time-consuming.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

So glad you had a good day!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Gallagher Fam said...

i hope you were able to get a lot done yesterday. i drove in the circle looking for your car but didn't see it! hope you're feeling less pain too. boy you have had a busy month!!! after you're done unpacking you'll just have to sit on the couch and veg for about three days (hey it could happen:)).

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home