Thursday, February 11, 2016
Today is Little Elvis' 9th birthday! I'm digging up old pictures to see how he's grown.
And a dapper nine-year-old. Little Elvis really isn't very little anymore. I like to pretend to use him as an armrest when we're standing by each other, but it's kind of uncomfortable now. My elbow has to go up a little, not down. His feet are also almost as big as mine. We can't share shoes, though. He would never do that.
We're having a football party tomorrow afternoon. He's invited about 9 boys over for a football party. The weather will be nice. The boys will get to play with our new basketball goal, trampoline, some cornhusk games my parents made him, and his practice field goal that we made him. I believe Little Elvis has taken a look at his parents and realized that his chances of being a defensive end are very slim. Ditto for receiver, running back, etc. He's decided to be a kicker. A left-footed kicker. Most start when they are 12. We figure if he starts now, it will help him. Poor thing has half of his athletic ability from his Mommy. When you multiply zero by anything, it's zero.
Fun stuff about Little Elvis:
1. He still LOVES to read -- mainly nonfiction football stuff. We have two coffee table football tomes, and he loves them both.
2. He really loves football. He's a huge MSU fan. But he's also decided that he loves the Dallas Cowboys. Have any random football questions? He will very likely know the answer. He's decided to soak up all the football facts he can like a sponge. Seriously. If you are on a quiz show, and get a football question, then call us. He will know the answer.
3. He's getting a little nicer to his brothers. A little. Sometimes. But he will expect at least half of the winnings.
4. His singing voice is actually really pretty, when he's not screaming and being silly. He won't let you hear it very often, though.
5. He's getting much more adventurous when it comes to food. He will try most spicy things, because it's cool to like spicy foods. He even tried guacamole last weekend. That's pretty huge.
6. He loves to tell jokes. Most need lots of explaining, but he really likes to tell them.
7. He's really into building things. Legos, blocks, odds and ends. He likes to build things on Mine Craft and Disney Infinity. Who needs to play a game when you can create a whole world? He mainly builds football stadiums, complete with goal posts, seats, lights, etc. I think he'll be an architect when he grows up. He says he'll be a professional football player.
I know there's lots more.